Thursday, July 06, 2006

Bead hoein' and color sharin'


Hey y'all! I hope everyone had a safe 4th of July holiday. I most certainly did. Tyler, my little one, is afraid of loud noises so we stayed in. Poor kid doesn't know what he's missing. Oh well. At least I got some much needed torch time. I signed up to do a twistie exchange on LE, so I decided to make a bunch of those. Well, I used some really cool combinations and I liked them so much that I ended up using them all, lol. I'm such a knucklehead, sometimes. The focal over there <----, which is called Dreamscape, by the way, is made with a couple of them. Actually 3, I think. And some Light Iris Gold stringer on a Vetrofond Dark Ivory base with Vetrofond 927 Sea Green ends and accent beads. Yeah, I know. You didn't ask, but so what. I feel like sharing today. I also made another great set using Effetre Light Brown and Vetrofond Fish Pink. Everyone hates the Fish Pink, but I love it. I think it's one of the most underappreciated color in the Vetrofond palette. Take a gander:





Now, the set on the left (Caramel Delight because it reminds me of dark carmel, which I absolutely LOVE. I'd sacrifice a tooth to caramel any day!) is made with Effetre Light Brown and drizzled with Vetrofond Fish Pink. I think it looks really nice and I like the slight reaction between the 2 glasses. The bead on the left is a base of Fish Pink rolled in silver powder. Silver turns it brown, but I like the effect. The bead was supposed to be a peacock feather, but it reminds me more of a blue comet.

The Vetrofond ODD pinks are also underappreciated. The Dark Pink is awesome, but people don't really take the time to figure it out because the rods are a pale lavender color. Well guess what? It works up to a nice pink. Pink Pink. Not Purple Pink. I made this set a while ago:





At one point it was a quite lovely set. And then one day I, being the genius that I am, decided to etch it. What's wrong with etching, you ask? Nothing. Just don't be a dumbass like I was and forget about your beads. I left them in the solution for 2 days! Now they're all rough and yuckala to the touch. They still look nice but they feel like ick. Ick, I say!

So anyway, that's about all I have to say today. Did I mention that I don't even like pink? I am starting to enjoy working with it, though. So everybody run out and buy some Vetrofond Dark Pink 956. Bill (islandglass!!!) has some in his eBay store (Moretti & More) for $16lb.

Oh, and don't forget to check out my auctions on Justbeads.com. You could be the first to ever purchase one of my beads! (heheheheh. More pimpin'! )

See ya!!

No comments: