Saturday, December 16, 2006

My leg, my leg, my leg is on fire!!

We don't need no water, let the mutha fu...

Well, that's not really how the song goes, but it definitely describes my morning. What happened, ask ye? Being the Artiste Ingénieux that I can sometimes be, I had the bright idea of trying to make an off mandrel wine stopper topper, James Tinker style. His way of doing it is way cool, but the creative genius in me decided to make it a fish. Sounds simple enough, eh? Well, I got it a little too hot and it melted off the punty right into my lap! It burned through my shirt, and into my pants and got stuck in the leg, which promptly caught fire. OMFG!!!! You should have seen me jumping around, doing a discombobulated rendition of the Running Man. (Don't act like you don't know what that is). Anyway, I torch in front of a rather large window, so I'm pretty sure my neighbors are now convinced that I am the only no rhythm having sistah in the hood...

Now on to the gore. (Not really gory, but definitely not pretty)
Immediately after:

Inside lower left leg.
<--Mmmm, fried Nette leg. Note the crispyness.



East of Eden.
(stop tryin' to peek at my nani!!)

6 hours later:
<---Ick. If my modeling career wasn't over before, it definitely is now.



<--Whew! That was close!
Sheesh! A couple of inches to the right and I could have canceled my appointment for the Brazilian!

So, what have we learned from this? Torch naked! It's safer. And use a tripod for those awkward shots. (Just kidding, folks! Except for the part about the tripod)

Well, I need to go put more aloe on my wounds. See Ya!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG girl!!! I hope you are all healed and not much worse for the wear! When I started making beads, I was told, "This is fire, it burns, you will get burned". Yup, been there, but not that bad. I know this is after the fact but please be careful. Pam

Anonymous said...

OMG Girl, I hope this finds you well healed and wiser.

Anonymous said...

Hi. Oh my! I am so glad that it wasn´t worse than that...but pain was big I know.

Anonymous said...

Ow! Please be careful. Blessed Be, Angelique