Monday, May 22, 2006

Ouch, Ouchie, Effin' Ouch!!!!

Dammit, dammit, dammit!!! I just burned the shiznat out of the index and middle finger on my right hand. Roast Digit, anyone? Like the big dummy I can sometimes be, I stuck my hand directly in the flame! How'd that happen? Ugh! I walked away from the torch and left it running. I never do that. Well, maybe to step across the kitchen to get a drink, but I never just leave the torch running and go piddle around elsewhere. That's just stupid. And dangerous. Ok, so back to how I burned myself. When I came back to the torch, I noticed the flowmeter on my oxycons were reading low, so I stuck my hand in front of the torch jets to see if the air was flowing. Normally, this would be just fine. Air poses no danger, but when you're a dinklemeyer who left the torch burning... Well lets just say Barbeque Phalanges... But you know, today must be "Let's do dumb sh*t" day. I'm not even going to go into the other bonehead crap that I did. Let's just say it involved pop (soda to you non-midwesterners) and a 1-year-old.

Ok, so anyway, I just got 4lbs of the "New" Light Pink, Effetre 260. Man, this stuff is wayyy darker than the Dark Pink (256). I feel like such a sucker! I paid 40 bucks for 1 stinkin' pound of the Dark Pink. Not only was it not dark pink, it was nearly identical to my Light Pink, which was only aroun $12/lb. Ugh! And I don't even like pink. I'm just a glass whore. (FYI, I am not a girly girl. I just play one in the movies.)

So anyway, I'd like to say thank you to Jon at LBSupplys (Ebay) for his super fast shipping and excellent packaging, as always. Also, I just want to mention that I did notice that at least one seller is selling the new Light Pink 260 as Dark Pink 256 and not selling the "new" light pink batch at all. I'm not going to mention any names, but just beware. Look closely at the pictures before you order (the new 260 has a slight lavenderish tint. Dark Pink 256 does not). Jon still has some listed, so I suggest you click the link ^up there^ and buy it from him at the regular price. Not the jacked up "Odd Lot" or fake "Dark Pink" price.

Toodles for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there

I do love your pink rods! They are yummy in my eyes.. :)