Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Somebody shoot me, PLEASE!!!

There was/is a short discussion on LE regarding children's television shows. Yes, I watch them! You gotta problem with that? Jack's Big Music Show and The Backyardigans rock! Really, they do! I love it when Pablo does his James Brown moves. And Jack's just has good music. So anyway, back to why I want, no, need to be shot. Someone mentioned the show "Johnny and the Sprites", which I can't stand, by the way. Well now, the stupid friggin' theme song has been STUCK IN MY HEAD FOR 2 DAYS!!!! (Thanks a lot, Kendra!) Ugh! Help me, please. I can't take it any more...

Ok. On to the good stuff! Have you tried the new Pineapple Sparkle (Vet 941) yet? OMG! This glass is sooooo beautiful! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! I need more of it! (Hey, I'm a poet and didn't know it!) I made this fish just to see how the color looked with Lt. Sky and White and I was just floored. I'm a decent photographer. Not professional, but I can take some pretty decent shots, but try as I might, I cannot capture the sparkle of this glass; Which I purchased from Galaxy Glass on Ebay, by the way. Deonne is such an enabler. She often carries a lot of difficult/impossible to find colors (like DoubleHelix Olympia Rain and Kronos). When I was dying for more Slate Blue, where did I find it? Galaxy Glass. I bought 8lbs of it. She's also got some of the yum yum yummy Intense Tangerine (Vet. 939). Here is a test bead I made with Tangerine and Periwinkle. Yes, I know that it isn't technically perfect, but so what. It's just a color test. I wanted to see how the Tangerine looked with my favorite glass color, Periwinkle. I am in love with Periwinkle. It goes beautifully with everything and I always have at lest 2-3 lbs of it on hand. Probably more like 4 or 5lbs, lol. It's good stuff. You should try it some time. It's wayyy awesome with Lapis (any of them). I mean, don't get me wrong. I don't love periwinkle in real life. Just in the glass world. I don't think you'll ever see me in anything Periwinkle. It's totally not my color. Hmm. What is my color?

Anyway, back to the subject at hand: Pineapple Sparkle and Intense Tangerine. Love 'em! You need to get some! And if any of you have any tips on capturing the sparkle, please clue me in. You can email me at shawnette@glassgoodies.com, but I would prefer that you post here so that everyone can share the knowledge. Plus, it will save me posting time. I'm lazy.

One more thing. In case you haven't figured it out yet, I sell lots of Lampwork goodies (accessories, beadables, all that jazz). Anyway, one of my customers (Janelle Zorko) emailed pics of some of the pulls she's been making with my changeable bead fan pulls. (Insert product pimping link here) They are absolutely gorgeous! Here is my favorite of the bunch:



If anyone else would like to submit images of items that they have made with some of my goodies, feel free. I will be setting up a customer gallery and will provide a link back to the artist's webpage. I'm all about promoting others. (And myself, of course!)

Well, that's it for today! I'm out!

No comments: